Round Hill Community Church is currently seeking a Director of Youth Ministries.
To direct and lead the church’s program in Christian Education for all youth ministry programs, activities and special events, from sixth grade through twelfth grade. This person generally will work 20 hours each week (which may vary seasonally and will require Sunday mornings, afternoons and some weekends) and will be supervised by the Associate Minister of the church, Dan Haugh, and will work closely with the Christian Education Committee.
The Round Hill Community Church Youth Ministries (for students grades 6th through 12th) exists to equip and empower moral and spiritual leaders to be a force for good in our community and wider world. Our vision is to raise leaders, foster life-long friendships and help youth become the full human beings God created them to be.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Collaborates with the Associate Pastor to implement the vision of the youth program.
- Provides leadership for our Sunday morning “Youth Fellowship” program.
- Leads “Friday Night Live” youth program, which will expand to twice a month.
- Organizes and leads youth group monthly social events and service projects.
- Works with the Associate Pastor to develop a student leadership team.
- Seeks to create an expanding base of volunteers from the congregation and community – mobilizing them to serve and ensuring they are trained, equipped, supported, and recognized.
- Leads youth trips such as conferences, weekend retreats and week-long mission trips.
- Oversees the after-school program utilizing the Youth Center and Art Studio.
Each program will provide a safe and nurturing environment for students to have opportunities for social connection, spiritual encouragement, relationships with adult mentors, socially relevant discussions, and positive peer-to-peer interactions within a social, economic and ethnically diverse context. We expect that the Director of Youth Ministries will help provide youth with opportunities for personal and spiritual growth as well as guidance for developing their own faith. Also important is that he or she be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the current status of today’s teenagers, including the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in our community.
Terms of Evaluation and Review
Job performance will be reviewed annually by the Associate Pastor and Christian Education Committee.
Terms of Employment
This person and the Church will enter into a signed letter of agreement that will set out financial arrangements and all other details of employment. This position will be 20 hours a week for 48 weeks of the year. Hourly rate to be commensurate with experience. This person will receive regular periodic feedback especially early in their service with an official performance review beginning six months into employment. The policies of the Personnel Manual of Round Hill Community Church will be followed in all situations and circumstances that arise.
Passion and vision for youth ministry. Experience teaching or working with youth. A history of volunteering and/or mission work. Experience creating and leading youth leadership or character development programs. Must be available Sunday mornings, with some afternoon/weekend availability necessary. College graduate preferred, but candidate must be at least 21 years of age. Prior experience working in church context preferred, but not necessary. Theological education beneficial, but not required.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org